The Convex database provides a relational data model, stores JSON-like documents, and can be used with or without a schema. It "just works," giving you predictable query performance in an easy-to-use interface.
Start by learning about the basics of Tables & Documents, Reading Data and Writing Data.
As your app grows more complex you'll need more from your database:
- Relational data modeling with Document IDs
- Fast querying with Indexes
- Exposing large datasets with Paginated Queries
- Type safety by Defining a Schema
- Interoperability with data Import & Export